Part Time Music Teacher
Work will include: Working with students on plays, concerts, and other events that include music. Assign practice and other music-related homework and test students on their knowledge. Keep grades, meet with parents, and share progress reports. Perform other functions the same as teachers, such as school and lunchroom monitoring.
Music Teacher Skills & Competencies
- Organizational skills: The ability to maintain and keep track of student records, client bills, and private appointments, as well as teach various harmonies, songs, and programs to an entire school.
- Interpersonal skills: The ability to relate well to students, parents, and staff members when giving group lessons, holding parent-teacher conferences, or school rehearsals.
- Musical proficiency: The ability to share music and musical knowledge to a specific age group PreK- 8 students
- Patience and insight: The ability to teach different types of learners to further their knowledge and skills.
- Leadership skills: The ability to gain and keep the attention of students in a band, chorus, or classroom.
Applicants should have the ability to incorporate the tenets of the Catholic Faith into the curriculum. The ideal candidate should have excellent written and verbal competencies, strong organizational skills, be a positive team player, have exceptional classroom management skills, be able to differentiate instruction, communicate and collaborate effectively with students, colleagues, and parents, and participate in school-wide functions. Candidates should hold a current MA DESE Educator License, (Teacher Certification,) and a Bachelor or Master Degree from an accredited school in elementary education. The Roman Catholic Diocese of Fall River does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices (consistent with those religious exemptions provided in statutory and constitutional law) on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please email or mail Letter of intent and Resume to: Kellie Kickham, Principal, St. John's School, 13 Hodges Street, Attleboro, MA 02703 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grade 2 Classroom Aide
We are looking for a compassionate teacher's aide to assist our teachers with classroom lessons, activities, organization, and management, as well as assisting students with unique learning needs. The teacher's aide's responsibilities include assisting the teacher with teaching new concepts or translating information for students to understand better, supervising students, and providing students with a positive, nurturing guide. The teacher's aide will deal with students, parents, staff, and the community in a professional manner, and follow and uphold school rules and standards.
To be successful as a teacher's aide, you should demonstrate patience, compassion, and empathy when dealing with students, as well as professionalism when representing the school. You should have strong management and organizational skills, as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Teacher's Aide Responsibilities:
- Participating in lesson planning sessions, and communicating with parents and school officials.
- Co-teaching lessons under the Teacher's guidance, leading small groups or individual instruction and discussions, and reviewing classwork.
- Organizing the classroom and teaching materials, monitoring the classroom during lessons, and minimizing distractions and disruptions.
- Supervising students in and out of the classroom.
- Attending students' physical, personal, academic, and emotional needs.
- Helping Teachers and students with extracurricular activities and school functions.
- Performing clerical duties, such as tracking student attendance, typing, filing, photocopying, and grading tests and homework.
- Ensuring the upkeep of educational materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Tracking students' progress and preparing reports for the parents.
Teacher's Aide Requirements:
- Associate's degree
- 3 years of experience in Educational Field
- Recent First Aid and CPR certifications.
- Experience working with children who have unique learning needs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with educational software such as Google Education Suite