We are looking for a compassionate teacher's aide to assist our teachers with classroom lessons, activities, organization, and management, as well as assisting special needs students. The teacher's aide's responsibilities include assisting the teacher with teaching new concepts or translating information for students to understand better, supervising students, and providing students with a positive, nurturing guide. The teacher's aide will deal with students, parents, staff, and the community in a professional manner, and follow and uphold school rules and standards.
To be successful as a teacher's aide, you should demonstrate patience, compassion, and empathy when dealing with students, as well as professionalism when representing the school. You should have strong management and organizational skills, as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Teacher's Aide Responsibilities:
- Participating in lesson planning sessions, and communicating with parents and school officials.
- Co-teaching lessons under the Teacher's guidance, leading small groups or individual instruction and discussions, and reviewing classwork.
- Organizing the classroom and teaching materials, monitoring the classroom during lessons, and minimizing distractions and disruptions.
- Supervising students in and out of the classroom.
- Attending students' physical, personal, academic, and emotional needs.
- Helping Teachers and students with extracurricular activities and school functions.
- Performing clerical duties, such as tracking student attendance, typing, filing, photocopying, and grading tests and homework.
- Ensuring the upkeep of educational materials, equipment, and supplies.
- Tracking students' progress and preparing reports for the parents.
Teacher's Aide Requirements:
- Associate's degree
- Recent First Aid and CPR certifications.
- Experience working with children who have unique learning needs.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with educational software such as Google Education Suite
Middle School Spanish Teacher
St. John the Evangelist School is a Pre-K to Grade 8 School located in Attleboro, Massachusetts. We are in search of the ideal candidate for a part-time opportunity as a Middle School Spanish Teacher for grades 5-8. As a Catholic School, we recognize and accept our responsibility to develop the whole child in his/her spiritual, moral, academic, emotional and social growth. We live this philosophy as partners in the education process. St. John's is a parish school of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Fall River. The candidate will have a strong background in teaching methods, educational pedagogy, and prior experience teaching at the intermediate level. This candidate will be responsible for providing effective instruction in the Spanish language. Applicants should have the ability to incorporate the tenets of the Catholic Faith into the curriculum. The ideal candidate should have excellent written and verbal competencies, strong organizational skills, be a positive team player, have exceptional classroom management skills, be able to differentiate instruction, communicate and collaborate effectively with students, colleagues, and parents, and participate in school-wide functions.
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Fall River does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices (consistent with those religious exemptions provided in statutory and constitutional law) on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please mail or email Letter of Intent and Resume to: Kellie Kickham, Principal, St. John the Evangelist School, 13 Hodges Street, Attleboro, MA 02703 or email@example.com.